Software-Defined IP Address Management (IPAM)
Cloud computing and service automation are changing the way in which applications and data are being delivered and consumed. The existing 30-year-old networking model is failing to keep up with the automated service architectures and Internet of Things (IoT) based on end-to-end automation.
To facilitate the migration to cloud-era computing, service providers and data centers must add networking into the automated service workflows. This requires agility and elasticity that the traditional networking products are not designed to provide. As IT environments of tomorrow involve a plethora of orchestrators and controllers spinning up services and applications inside shared networks, they all must be managed and provisioned by a unified solution authoritative for all network-related information.
The world’s first software-defined IPAM solution – FusionLayer Infinity – facilitates end-to-end automation initiatives with a patented technology that provides a unified management and provisioning point for all-things-network. Powered by a next-generation solution architecture that offers unparalleled scalability and a REST-based API for simple integration with virtually any third-party technologies, FusionLayer Infinity is the ideal solution for service providers and data centers operating at scale.
Please contact our solution consultants for further details and a 30-day trial.
- Unparalleled scalability: up to x25 compared to competing IPAM solutions
- Fuses workflows across Cisco, HPE, Microsoft, Nuage and VMware
- Open REST API with patented methodologies for:
- Provisioning release parameters (IP, name) for any orchestrator
- Provisioning free networks and network prefixes
- Effecting network changes in supported SDN controllers
- Flexible data structure supporting any sets of data, accessible via REST
- Centralized management of integrated DNS and DHCP servers
- Automated change provisioning to authoritative DNS
- Simplified User Experience (UX) designed for multi-tenancy
- Supports IPv4, IPv6 and dual-stack modes
- Service agility through unified network management and provisioning
- Minimize delivery times and improve scalability through automation
- API-based network / prefix delegation for:
- Software-Defined WAN (SD-WAN) controllers
- Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) orchestrators
- Standardized release parameter provisioning processes for:
- Converged infrastructure
- Virtualized computing environments
- Private, public and hybrid clouds
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV)
- Applications deployed in containers
- Mix and match different orchestrators and controllers
- Real-time visibility into managed networks
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) for multi-tenant environments
- Offer a new service in the Network Management Catalogue
Handouts & Technical Descriptions:
- DNS and IoT for Swisscom (PDF)