Centralized solution for managing, configuring, and monitoring authoritative DNS services.
Service providers running BIND-based authoritative DNS servers commonly use home-grown or open-source tools to manage their DNS zone data. This approach is prone to manual mistakes, leaving the door open to configuration errors that prevent websites' access and cause email routing to fail.
FL NameSurfer is a robust DNS management solution designed for telecom companies and managed service providers managing tens or even hundreds of thousands of zones in their authoritative DNS. Run by 35% of the world's Top-20 telecom companies, NameSurfer comes with many process automations and intuitive automations for authoritative DNS.
By deploying NameSurfer as part of their authoritative DNS infrastructure, customers can automate their DNS zone management processes and centrally monitor and manage the configurations of integrated DNS server instances. This automation and centralization add up to six-figure Operational Expense savings on an annual basis.
Resiliency for authoritative DNS services.
FL NameSurfer is a DNS management system that automates authoritative DNS management tasks. It allows customers to monitor integrated DNS servers' performance and put the necessary safeguards in place to ensure that these critical services stay on.
Thanks to FL NameSurfer's scalable solution architecture, an individual system can manage up to:
- 100,000+ zones
- 100+ concurrent administrators
- 50+ integrated DNS server instances
By managing your authoritative DNS data in a single system armed with automations, you can securely delegate DNS zone management tasks carried out on a self-service basis.
Features at a Glance
Proprietary DNS server
Implements relevant DNS standards
- IPv4, IPv6, and dual-stack
- IXFR/AXFR, NOTIFY, TSIG, DNSSEC
- ENUM and 3GPP
Solution design based on
- Principle of Defense in Depth
- Principle of Least Privilege
- Principle of Default Deny
Distributed as software appliances
- A virtual machine on KVM or VMware
- Natively on physical x86 machines
- Simple software updates
Aligns with existing infrastructure
- NOC and monitoring processes
- Centralized back-up processes
- SIEM systems for compliance
Scalability and Integration
- Up to hundreds of thousands of zones
- Dozens of integrated DNS secondaries
- Dozens of concurrent administrators
- Integrates with FusionLayer SD-IPAM
Resilient, Scalable, and Streamlined
- Quality of Service (QoS) with resilient auth DNS
- Scalability for large telecom and M2M use cases
- Fits seamlessly into multi-vendor environments
- Reduced OPEX through streamlined management
- Ideal for mobile use cases (ENUM, NAPTR, SNAPTR)