Patented DNS security made simple. Ideal for use cases at the cloud edge and in your data center.
DNS is a core network function increasingly consumed as a service. While managed DNS services typically provide a higher security level than on-premise BIND or Microsoft DNS installations, they also degrade the user experience through slower response time due to latency.
FusionLayer DNS is a virtualizable solution that combines the best of the managed services and the on-premise worlds. Run on-premise by SMBs, enterprises, and some of the largest telecom companies globally, it combines the security level associated with managed DNS services with the service quality expected by the end-users.
Deployed as a software appliance on VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, or Nutanix FusionLayer DNS can easily be run both on-premise and in the edge clouds enabling unparalleled security and service quality. With an automated installation process that requires only minutes to boot up a virtual machine, running DNS has never been this simple.
DNS security from the ground up. Guaranteed.
FusionLayer invented proactive DNS security in 2006. Since then, Tier-1 telecom companies, enterprises, and SMBs worldwide have deployed FusionLayer DNS to safeguard their Internet presence.
The standard security features in FusionLayer DNS include:
- Patented security architecture
- Intrusion prevention and firewall to protect against DDoS attacks
- Support for TSIGs, DNSSEC, ACLs, and RPZ Feeds
Over the last 15 years, we have yet to see a FusionLayer customer’s Internet presence lost due to a failed FusionLayer DNS service. With a subscription-based licensing model that does not involve CAPEX -investments, your CFO will love it too.
Implements multiple DNS functions
- Recursive and caching
Built-in security with embedded
- Intrusion prevention and firewall
- Rate-limiting and source randomization
- DNSSEC, TSIG, ACLs, and more
Solution design based on
- Principle of Defense in Depth
- Principle of Least Privilege
- Principle of Default Deny
Distributed as a software appliance
- A virtual machine on KVM or VMware
- Natively on physical x86 machines
- Simple software updates
Aligns with existing infrastructure
- NOC and monitoring processes
- Centralized back-up processes
- SIEM systems for compliance
Implements DNS standards
- IXFR, AXFR, NOTIFY, ACLs
- Dual-stack, DNS64, ENUM
Secure, Resilient, and Standardized
- On-premise DNS as a subscription – no CAPEX
- Patented security and resilient solution design
- Supports relevant standards (e.g. DNSSEC, IPv6)